Post borrowed from: http://theglitterguide.com/2011/07/15/healthy-and-delicious-smoothie-recipes/ #HealthyEveryDamnDay
Hey Glitter Girls! Crystalin from In the City with Crystalin here to share some healthy and delicious smoothies with you! Blending up favorite fruits and vegetables is one of my go-to afternoon snacks. Not only do they fill me up, but they’re also loaded with a ton of nutrients. They almost always satisfy my sweet tooth! The best part about making smoothies? Every recipe is adaptable to your personal taste and what you may have on hand at home. My current favorite: frozen strawberries, almond milk, and dates. Smoothielicious!
Give these healthy concoctions a whirl, and sip your way through summer. Enjoy!
Mango Ginger — 2 cups frozen Mango, 1 cup frozen raspberries, 1 banana, ¼ cup chopped ginger, squeeze of lime, yogurt.
Strawberry Date — 1 date, 1 ½ cup frozen strawberries, 1 cup almond milk. Optional: 1 scoop protein powder or 1 TBL of flaxseed oil.
Chocolate Peanut Butter – 2 TBL unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 TBL peanut butter, ½ banana, 1 cup almond milk, ice. 320 calories total.
Green Smoothie — 1 cup baby spinach, 1 cup kale, 1 pear, 1 ½ cup of orange juice, and 1 frozen banana.
I am laughing waaaaay too hard at this!!! Omgggg!!!
Oh, how I love rest days. I have not done anything today, no a thing. Well, except sleep. And for once, I don’t care. So, I am sitting here, watching a movie in the den… and tinkering around on Pintrest…. Which, by the way, is where I got the following recipe. There’s more to the recipe, than what I have posted below, and you can find it and all of the YUMMY details, @ the link to follow. . . http://cookiesandcups.com/brown-sugar-banana-bread/#_pg_pin=515803
I hope all of you have had a very enjoyable weekend, and a memorable July 4th! -Ami
Brown Sugar Banana Bread with Brown Sugar Glaze
2 cups all purpose flour 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp kosher salt 1 tsp cinnamon 1 1/2 cups mashed banana (about 3 medium bananas) 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt (or sour cream) 2 eggs 6 Tbsp butter, melted 2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar 2 Tbsp heavy cream 1 Tbsp honey 2 1/2 Tbsp butter
How to Make
1. Preheat oven to 350° 2. Spray 9×5 loaf pan with with cooking spray liberally, set aside 3. In large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. 4. In another bowl mix together mashed banana, sour cream, eggs, melted butter and vanilla. 5. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined. 6. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. 7. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Run knife around the edges of pan to release any parts that might be sticking and then remove from pan, transferring t o a wire rack to cool.
8. In small sauce pan, combine all ingredients, heat over medium until mixture reaches a full boil. Boil for 2 minutes and then remove from heat. 9. Let mixture cool for 5-10 minutes and then pour over banana bread. Glaze will set up and then cut into slices.
Store airtight for up to 2 days.
Recipe adapted from Back in the Day Bakery
Posted from my Android ~ Ami
JUL. 7, 2013 By
I keep seeing all of these articles and messages and “concrete ideas” about what men and women have to do to be date-able. These things tend to be rather gender-oriented, usually specific to the writer’s pet-peeves and generally present a negative way of thinking of yourself in the context of wanting to be in a relationship. Now, of course, sweeping generalizations for the entire population of human beings will inevitably yield falsehoods for some people, and I respect and understand that, just as I expect that you understand it would be absolutely impossible for me to talk about every single thing every person was looking for in a relationship… ever. I merely mean to discuss what most people are really after. The things that matter. This does not apply to every kind of relationship, of course. Some people are just looking for someone to have sex with, maybe a short-term fling, maybe a forever-deal. But regardless, here are some simple things that we can’t forget in the vortex of everything we “should” and “shouldn’t” be:
1. I used the pronoun “they” in the headline because here’s the deal: some people like women and some people like men and some people like both and some people like neither. Beyond that, being a “man” and a “woman” are really societally contrived ideas that few people flawlessly fall into– not without a little personal turmoil, anyway. So the idea of what men want and what women want is largely false by the fact that sex and gender is not so simply divided. You can be as much of a man or as much of a woman or as much of neither or as much of both as you damn well please and I promise you, there will be someone out there who is looking for just what you are. Sounds a bit idealistic? You’re feeling a little unsure? Give it time, my friend. We’re all non-believers until it happens to us.
2. We are all looking for the X factor, the magic, the unexplainable-don’t-know-why-you-drive-me-crazy-with-love-but-you-do factor. We are no longer following in our ancestors’ footsteps of marrying the first person we date or settling down because it’s expected. Some people find this earlier than others, and happen to fall into the preconceived conventions of what life should look like and hey, good for you, I’m happy for you. But for most of us, it takes time to work out our own issues, get a grasp on this “loving ourselves” business and then sift through people until we finally find the right one. But the most important thing about this is that sometimes, it just isn’t there, and you’ll usually be conflicted about it because it will seem as though everything else about this person is perfect except that gut feeling just isn’t coming forth. If someone leaves you over this, don’t shower yourself in a perpetual hate bath of why you’re not good enough. They are doing you a favor. I cannot say that intently enough.
3. People want someone they can trust. Someone who will listen to them, who will talk with them, who will enjoy the often mundane day-to-day activities that inevitably come with a relationship. Someone who will be kind, understanding, willing to accept an imperfect person, and to work on things when they inevitably need to be worked on. This is the kind of person that most people take the most pride and assurance in being in a relationship with. It is more important than how gorgeous you are. It is more important than how much money you make. It is more important than the things that are fleeting.
4. Above all else, people want to love and be loved. To be accepted for who they are and not who they may one day be. People want to be someone that rearranges how a person thinks their story will unfold rather than fit into the preconceived character that they had imagined. There is a certain sense of security that comes with someone saying you can tell me anything and you know it’s true. Someone proclaiming that they love you not in spite of all your little embarrassing quirks you tried to hide but because of them. These things are not as complicated as people make them out to be. Because what people want out of a relationship is to have something in their lives that makes them happy… whatever “happy” means to them.
Posted from my Android ~ Ami
Have you ever found yourself in such a tangled mess, that you can’t find the way you came in, not to mention the door outta there?
this week has been mess, no. Scratch that, the past few weeks have been a total mess!! I don’t mean mess, as in a ‘bad’ mess, just Good, Bad, Hectic, Exciting, and extremely exhausting, and we all know what comes with weeks of exhausting, messy messes….. The good, the bad, & the ugly – as far as emotions go.
>> Ok, so the events…
We got an above ground #pool – Its not the Ritz, but it will keep us cool when need be… We filled it up, and I had fun tanning in it as it filled up, until we noticed AFTER it was completely full, that it had sunk into the ground a good two feet!! A serious bummer to say the least. We had to drain it, which took about 3X longer than It did to fill it. My awesome Dad came over one day last week, and helped me level it out… It looks pretty good, now – I just hope its dosen’t sink more. Now, since we are getting all of these massive storm cells, and monsoons, we are leaving the task of filling up the pool to good ole’ Mother Nature.
And, YES!! I have already gotten a 4 hour BURN… so much for covering up those tan lines. I look like a Chamellion!! Yeah, yeah – Laugh it up. ^.^
I was moving plants around in my torched Greenhouse, the day before yesterday, when I found a #Tiny #Diamondback #Snake in the top of one of my Rosemary bushes. Now, hear me out. . . I don’t like to purposely hurt or kill anything, unless it could hurt me. This little guy was about six inches, maybe eight inches at the most, and had already struck at me twice, when I decided to put him in a box, and make him chill out a while. Now, maybe, If I can find a lid for am old aquarium of mine, I could keep it in the house… JUST KIDDING!! He’s long dead. I checked on him today, and he’s a gonner, the Greenhouse ants are having a feast. That’s what he gets for taking up shop in MY Greenhouse, and trying to bite me. He should just be glad I didn’t have a lighter nearby, I have been known to be a bit of a Pyro.
I have had one scheduled shoot after another these past few days. (Hey! I’m not complaining!!) Mostly Maternity & Newborn shoots, I love these types of shoots. You get to see the family’s at their most romantic times; love is such a beautiful thing.
As you already know, my husband is a Law Enforcement Officer, or a Copper, as I like to say. He has been in Law Enforcement for nearly 19 years, and his last day is August 1st. That is prime time, he will no longer be a full time Copper, but a Reserve Law Enforcement Officer. The beginning of August he is good to Virginia, to visit family (I am staying put, its cheaper), but when he gets back, he will be attending a local (and highly rated) CDL School.
Now, this is breaking point for both of us. I am doing my best to keep us afloat, as far as finances and bills go. I am pushing both of my Photography businesses to the next level (JFox’C Photography TM & Voluptuous Volpe TM Photography) I have a LOT planned for both of them, as well as a possible third. With that being said, I am currently looking for sponsoring; business to helpus out with articles for our shoots; and models between the ages of 18-37 (Size, Race, Height – are not an issue).
I have already begun to build my team of experts. It can be a daunting task, but it is so #Rewarding in the end!!
On a closing note:: I had a late lunch with a close friend of mine. We just talked about the stuff we love, recent happenings, the crazy Georgia weather, all awhile munching in Chick-Fil-a. I miss spending time with my closest friends; something about catching up that just puts me at ease.
I hope all of you have enjoyed reading this post; I apologize for neglecting my Blog and you as my followers so. It is not intentional.
Posted from my Android ~ Ami