This year, our local family is coming to my folks place in Georgia for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving and Christmas are my 2 favorite holidays of the year; mainy because I get to see the family. Most of the time, these are the only two times out of the whole year that I get to see them. (Pretty sad, isn’t it?)
This year, I am going to make a few things to take to this Thanksgiving’s potluck, and if all goes well, they just might be stocking stuffers this CHRISTmas…
Here is one of the healthy, Vegan, Raw recipes I will be making. I am going to use agave, rather that what this recipe calls for.
The original recipe is here: http://heathershomemade.wordpress.com/2013/10/01/roasted-honey-cinnamon-chickpeas/
Roasted Honey Cinnamon Chickpeas
15-ounce can organic garbanzo beans
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat silicone mat.
2. Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a colander. Place them on a towel to dry off.
3. Spread chickpeas on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until crispy. Test one, and if it’s still soft, bake for longer.
4. While the chickpeas are still hot, toss them in a bowl with the oil, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Enjoy as is or for a caramelized effect, place them back in the oven for another 10 minutes or so.
5. Store leftover chickpeas in an airtight container.
Makes four servings. 146 calories, 2.6 g fat, 26 g carbs, 6.2 g protein, 4.3 g sugar. Source of iron and calcium.
Total nutrition here: http://www.fitsugar.com/Roasted-Honey-Cinnamon-Chickpeas-27908653