Check out @EarthPix’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/EarthPix/status/406944505536192512
Check out @RealSimple’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/RealSimple/status/406048899133374464
Check out @WSBTVCameraMan’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/WSBTVCameraMan/status/404082987694039040
Talk about helping others! Man, this is AWESOME!! You need to watch this and share!
This year, our local family is coming to my folks place in Georgia for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving and Christmas are my 2 favorite holidays of the year; mainy because I get to see the family. Most of the time, these are the only two times out of the whole year that I get to see them. (Pretty sad, isn’t it?)
This year, I am going to make a few things to take to this Thanksgiving’s potluck, and if all goes well, they just might be stocking stuffers this CHRISTmas…
Here is one of the healthy, Vegan, Raw recipes I will be making. I am going to use agave, rather that what this recipe calls for.
The original recipe is here: http://heathershomemade.wordpress.com/2013/10/01/roasted-honey-cinnamon-chickpeas/
Roasted Honey Cinnamon Chickpeas
15-ounce can organic garbanzo beans
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat silicone mat.
2. Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a colander. Place them on a towel to dry off.
3. Spread chickpeas on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until crispy. Test one, and if it’s still soft, bake for longer.
4. While the chickpeas are still hot, toss them in a bowl with the oil, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Enjoy as is or for a caramelized effect, place them back in the oven for another 10 minutes or so.
5. Store leftover chickpeas in an airtight container.
Makes four servings. 146 calories, 2.6 g fat, 26 g carbs, 6.2 g protein, 4.3 g sugar. Source of iron and calcium.
Total nutrition here: http://www.fitsugar.com/Roasted-Honey-Cinnamon-Chickpeas-27908653
❦ VolpeLife_Tweet ❦ (@VolpeLife_Tweet) has shared a Tweet with you: